- This event has passed.
30th Annual Dayton Canoe and Kayak Classic
Sponsored by the DAYTON CANOE CLUB
Sanctioned by the U.S.C.A.
Presented in cooperation with Five Rivers MetroParks
DIRECTIONS: From I-75 North or South, take the Main Street exit 54A. Go North on Main street to Helena Street. Right on Helena Street cross the bridge and turn right into Box 21. Box 21 is located on the right opposite Island MetroPark.
REGISTRATION: On-site registration and will start at 9:00 a.m. at Box 21. Masks and Social Distancing are required on land.
START-FINISH: Located at Box 21 or Island MetroPark. Watch for signs for the location of registration and start-finish line. The racecourse is up and down the river on the Great Miami and Stillwater Rivers.
RACE RULES: U.S.C.A. rules will govern all USCA events. U.S. Coast Guard-approved life vests must be available to each paddler. All paddlers 12 and under must wear approved PFD during the race. No alcohol or any glass containers are permitted in the park area.
FEES: Adults – $15.00 per entrant at all events. Youth – $10.00 for all events.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
- 10:00 a.m. C-1 Cr for Man Open, Man Senior, Man Veteran
- 10:00 a.m. K-1 Open (Man/Woman), K-1 Sea Kayak (M/W)
- 10:00 a.m. C-1 Woman Cruiser, K-1 Recreational
- 10:10 a.m. C-2 Cruiser (Men, Women, Mixed), SUP
- 10:10 a.m. K2 Adult/ Youth
- 10:10 a.m. C-2 Aluminum or Standard
- 12:00 p.m. Awards – Special Medals for the first three finishers in each class.
No Pre-REGISTRATION: For information contact:
Race Chairman: Bill Corrigan, 5888 E Kemper Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45241. 513-530-9249.